In this episode, Branddy speaks with Todd Reves, Director, Building Respect for IP Division, WIPO.
During the episode, they discuss Todd's journey from a customs officer to the Director of the Building Respect for IP Division at WIPO, the pressing need for robust IP policies, especially in the face of advancing technology and its impact on consumer safety and industry integrity.
- The critical role of IP in protecting consumers from counterfeit products.
- Positive shifts in global IP protection over the last decade.
- Challenges and opportunities posed by evolving technology in IP enforcement.
- WIPO initiatives, including WIPO Alert and the IPAS Customs Recordation System.
- Predictions for the future of IP enforcement, emphasizing the significance of advanced technology like AI.